This is an almost-finished version of a cloth book with pockets that I made several years ago – a commission for a client in Hobart. After machine and hand stitching a layered collage of eco dyed and rusted silks etc., I added some embroidery, ribbon and buttons. The lace and some of the embellishments were provided by the client. She plans to store family treasures in the pocket pages – a very special project! It’s currently just pinned together (click on each image to enlarge):
These photos show step by step how it all came together:
After the machine stitching was done, I cut it up into 7 pockets and a cover:
The fun part was adding the hand stitching:
Hope to finish assembling it this week – stay tuned!