evidence + progress

re:- my previous posts … yesterday i cut off the damaged bits of the orange trim

these are the salvaged sections, which i will attempt to re-attach today

this is how the trim looked before the wrap was stolen and damaged (the black ribbons on the front were also torn off)TIED, finished b - Rita Summers - May 2013

and here are some new ties i found at our local op shop

making progress, i think!

pocket swap 1

recently i was invited to join an online group called cloth paper studio

I have put my hand up for one of their swaps, which is to make a layered and stitched fabric pocket which can be incorporated into a book (click here to see a wonderful example of the finished product)

here is my first attempt for the swap, made from brocade, damask, silk, satin, linen and cotton from my stash, as well as trimmed edges from used teabags

it is entirely hand stitched

each of us will make 2 pockets to send away, and in return we will each receive 2 new ones from other members

at least one fabric has to be upcycled (not a problem for me, as most of what i’ve used is upcycled, as well as the buttons)

I also collaged the trimmings on top for added texture, and added a little bit of embroidery

just have to find a closure for it now …