Finished at last …

 
A vintage damask tablecloth morphs into a drapey vest. Bound and appliqu├ęd with silk; lots of hand sewing! All naturally dyed.

Slow and steady wins the race!

 
Hand basted silk binding on a commission order – a drapey vest made out of a vintage damask tablecloth from the client’s collection, which I first eco dyed. The basting will be removed later. 

pocket swap 1

recently i was invited to join an online group called cloth paper studio

I have put my hand up for one of their swaps, which is to make a layered and stitched fabric pocket which can be incorporated into a book (click here to see a wonderful example of the finished product)

here is my first attempt for the swap, made from brocade, damask, silk, satin, linen and cotton from my stash, as well as trimmed edges from used teabags

it is entirely hand stitched

each of us will make 2 pockets to send away, and in return we will each receive 2 new ones from other members

at least one fabric has to be upcycled (not a problem for me, as most of what i’ve used is upcycled, as well as the buttons)

I also collaged the trimmings on top for added texture, and added a little bit of embroidery

just have to find a closure for it now …