Luckily, native cherry grows on our land … 

 
Cotton cardigan reinvented with eco dyeing (native cherry + copper) and an added torn vintage silk trim. Goes well with the asymmetric cotton tunic I made from eco dyed fabrics a couple of weeks back!

I love the variety of greens it gives. The cardi was originally a pale mint; the dress fabrics were beige.

A milestone moment

 
Finished! Here is a short video of my free cut Julian Roberts-style tunic, made from eco dyed cotton interlock and woven cotton. Fabric dyed beforehand; layered with 3 kinds of eucalyptus, blackberry, fire bush and blackwood leaves; wrapped around an iron bar and slow cooked in a crockpot of native cherry, copper and spring water for 5 hours.

Finally …

Yes – FINALLY – I have eco dyed something more than a scarf, just for me! Silk scarf (dye pot of Tas. blackwood with copper), and cotton tunic (dyed twice, second time with wattle bark and washing soda). Various leaves and metal objects in the bundle (tunic), and nails tied in to make circles (scarf)

 








 

funky

This silk tunic has some interesting details – stitched horizontal pleats at the front above the hem, and twisted shoulder features.

I just added to it by eco dyeing it! The textured silk fabric took the colour really well …

  

    
 

  

Thrilled …

So happy with last week’s eco dyeing!